Policies & Documents
POLICIES AND OTHER DOCUMENTS THAT GOVERNING BODIES ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE BY LAW
The Governing Body is required to hold each of the following policies and other documents, as outlined below. Many of these are available online by clicking on the numbered title.
STATUTORY POLICIES REQUIRED BY EDUCATION LEGISLATion
Statutory policies required by other legislation, which impact particularly on schools (including academies and free schools)
Policies held within School.
- Admissions arrangements
- Central Records of Recruitment & Vetting Checks
- Governors' Allowances (Schemes for Paying)
- Instrument of Government
- Minutes of, and Papers considered at Meetings of the Governing Body and its Committees
- Premises Management Documents
- Register of Business Interests
- Register of Pupils' Attendance
Additional School Policies and Statements
Finally, please note:
- the drafting of school policies can be delegated to any member of school staff;
- there is no requirement for all policies to be reviewed annually; and
- not all policies need to be signed off by the full Governing Body.