Our aim at Urmston Grammar is to encourage our students to use the internet, social media and other digital devices safely and positively.
The information below will help ensure your safety online.
Use our Whisper tool to report an issue anonymously.
Here are 5 top tips to help you stay safe online:
(Source: UK Safer Internet Centre)
- Protect your online reputation: use the tools provided by online services to manage your digital footprints and ‘think before you post.’ Content posted online can last forever and could be shared publicly by anyone.
- Know where to find help: understand how to report to service providers and use blocking and deleting tools. If something happens that upsets you online, it’s never too late to tell someone.
- Don’t give in to pressure: if you lose your inhibitions you’ve lost control; once you’ve pressed send you can’t take it back.
- Respect the law: use reliable services and know how to legally access the music, film and TV you want.
- Acknowledge your sources: use trustworthy content and remember to give credit when using other people’s work/ideas.
Here are some useful websites for further information. To go to a particular site click on the relevant logo and it will take you directly to the website.