Welcome to what we hope is the most straightforward admissions process you will come across. This whole section of our web site is intended to provide you with all of the information you need when applying for a place at Urmston Grammar and the application form is now available to complete on line.
In September 2010 Urmston Grammar became the first selective 'New Academy', effectively a publicly funded independent school. Our admissions policy and processes however have remained unchanged as we maintain our commitment to our local community.
- The admissions menu takes you to our "admissions timeline" which outlines the stages of application, the calendar dates and which documents and deadlines need to be noted.
- The on line application form is all you need to complete to book an entrance examination place.
- Our "admissions policy" section presents in full our policy for admissions. This is by necessity a somewhat dense policy carefully written to fully meet the statutory "School Admissions Code" and should be read in conjunction with the two partner documents; The Urmston Grammar Admissions Information document (inc FAQ's) and the Familiarisation Booklet.
- Links to our prospectus are also here for your further information.
- Our Sixth Form admission policy is included in the "admissions policy" section. Further information may also be found in the "Sixth Form" section of our web site.
Please Note: The school admissions personnel will not be able to engage in telephone conversations about any aspect of the admission process. Should you have any queries email email@example.com. A response will be given within five working days.
Urmston Grammar, Altrincham Grammar School for Girls, Sale Grammar School and Stretford Grammar School are using the same entrance test and consequently your son/daughter can only sit one test. However, parents can request that the test results are shared between all four schools for inclusion in their standardisation. Parents can therefore choose to receive results for all four schools. Please read the registration form carefully and apply the appropriate statement to request that the scores are shared. Scores cannot be retrospectively shared between the schools after the standardisation process has taken place.
Please make sure you have read the documents above before applying.
Our welcome for new students
Initial arrival and post-induction
Even before arrival at our school in September, the pupils take their place in mixed ability forms under the care and guidance of their Form Tutor. Each Form Tutor has the responsibility of getting to know each of their individual pupils as well as possible, and they are supported by an Associate Form Tutor from the year 7 pastoral team. Our year 7 Pastoral Leader is Mrs E Walker.
The role of the Form Tutor is overseen and co-ordinated by our Head of School/ViceHeadteacher, Mr M Weems, and the transition and induction process is the responsibility of our AssistantHeadteacher, Mrs A Rogers.
During Year 7, all pupils take part in our Lakeside experience, a residential trip aimed at team building and getting to know each other. This is a hugely important part of our induction process, and we also endeavour to have some tremendous fun too! At the foot of this page are some of the captured memories of last year’s amazing experience. The invaluable outcome of taking part of our residential is always a very genuine sense of belonging to out Urmston Grammar community.