The Governing Body of Urmston Grammar is a group of committed, hard working people who support the school through their attendance at meetings and through their presence at academic, social, cultural and sporting events.
The Governing Body is responsible for ensuring that the school promotes student achievement and personal development.
Its duties include:
- setting strategic direction, policies and objectives;
- approving the school budget;
- reviewing progress against the school's budget and objectives;
- appointing, supporting and challenging the Principal
The Governing Body will consist of:
- up to 11 Governors appointed by the Members/Directors;
- up to 1 LA governors;
- a minimum of 2 Parent Governors;
- up to 2 staff governors excluding the Principal;
- up to 3 Co-opted Governors;
- the Principal;
- any additional Governors appointed under articles 62, 62A, 63, and 68A.
Trustees (Directors) and Governing Body of Urmston Grammar September 2017
|Mr E May||Chairman of Governors, Member/Director|
|Mr D Kirkham||Vice Chairman, Member/Director|
|Mr S Smith||Member/Director|
|Mrs R Wall||Principal|
|Mrs T Booth||Governor|
|Dr K Chirema||Governor|
|Mr N Crowther||Parent Governor|
|Mr N Edgar||Parent Governor|
|Mrs S Freeman||Parent Governor|
|Ms J Littler||Parent Governor|
|Mr H Manley||Parent Governor|
|Mr P Marks||Governor|
|Mr A McLaren||Parent Governor|
|Mr K Proctor||LA Governor|
|Mrs E Sandys||Staff Governor|
Mr D Rose has resigned with effect from the 3rd May 2017
Mr A Marikar has resigned with effect from the 6th January 2017.
Mr S Slater has resigned with effect from 13 November 2017
Meeting dates 2017/18
Committee meetings: 19 October 2017, 8 February 2018, 17 May 2018
Full Governing Body Meetings : 7 December 2017, 22 March 2018, 28 June 2018
Urmston Grammar is a registered company.
The Governing Body of Urmston Grammar is led by our Chairman, Mr. Eric May. On conversion to Academy, the Chairmen of the committees and the Chairman of the Governors were were voted in as Directors of "Urmston Grammar"
We have a committed team of governors who lead and support the school in a positive and constructive. Governance has always placed the children above politics and personal persuasion. Governance was rated "Outstanding" by OfSTED in 2008.
Information on all statutory policies and documentation may be found by clicking on the policy portal image on the right.
Whilst some of our policies are here to guide and advise on the Academies position on a wide range of issues, we do reserve the right to interpret and adapt them when circumstances determine. Whenever you see the portal image (shown above) on our website, you will also find a link to the relevant policy.
Parents may request policies by contacting Mrs. Weems at the school.
Additional School Policies and statements:
- Acceptable use of IT policy
- Admissions policy - please go to the relevant policy from the admissions menu
- Anti-bullying policy
- Complaints procedures and policy
- Discipline and sanctions policy
- Our policy on mobile phones in school
- Procurement policy
- Sixth Form admissions
- Memorandum of Association
- Deed of Variation
- Funding Agreement
- Charging and Remission Policy for School Activities
- Register of Business Interests
- Attendance Record 2016 - 2017
- Committee Membership 2016 - 2017