The name of the company is Urmston Grammar.
The company is a "new academy".
The name of the governing body is "The governing body of Urmston Grammar".
The governing body shall consist of:
- up to 11 Governors appointed by the Members/Directors;
- up to 1 LA governors;
- a minimum of 2 Parent Governors;
- up to 2 staff governors excluding the Principal;
- up to 3 Co-opted Governors;
- the Principal;
- any additional Governors appointed under articles 62, 62A, 63, and 68A.
Trustees (Directors) and Governing Body of Urmston Grammar September 2016
|Mr E May||Chairman of Governors, Member/Director|
|Mr D Kirkham||Vice Chairman, Member/Director|
|Mr S Smith||Member/Director|
|Mrs R Wall||Principal|
|Mr S J Slater||Staff Governor|
|Mrs T Booth||Governor|
|Dr K Chirema||Governor|
|Mr N Crowther||Parent Governor|
|Mr N Edgar||Parent Governor|
|Mrs S Freeman||Parent Governor|
|Ms J Littler||Parent Governor|
|Mr H Manley||Parent Governor|
|Mr P Marks||Governor|
|Mr A McLaren||Parent Governor|
|Mr K Proctor||LA Governor|
|Mrs E Sandys||Staff Governor|
Mr D Rose has resigned with effect from the 3rd May 2017
Mr A Marikar has resigned with effect from the 6th January 2017.
Meeting dates 2016/17
Committee meetings: 9 February 2017, 11 May 2017
Full Governing Body Meetings : 23 March 2017, 22 June 2017
Urmston Grammar is a registered company.
The Governing Body of Urmston Grammar has been led for 12 years now by our Chairman, Mr. Eric May. On conversion to Academy, the Chairmen of the committees and the Chairman of the Governors were were voted in as Directors of "Urmston Grammar"
We also have a fully committed team of Governors who have both led and supported the school in an exceptionally positive and constructive way for many years now. Governance has always placed the children above politics and personal persuasion and supported the school above all else. Governance was rated "Outstanding" by OfSTED.
Information on all statutory policies and documentation may be found by clicking on the policy portal image on the right.
Whilst some of our policies are here to guide and advise on the Academies position on a wide range of issues, we do reserve the right to interpret and adapt them when circumstances determine. Whenever you see the portal image (shown above) on our website, you will also find a link to the relevant policy.
Parents may request policies by contacting Mrs. Weems at the school.
Additional School Policies and statements:
- Acceptable use of IT policy
- Admissions policy - please go to the relevant policy from the admissions menu
- Anti-bullying policy
- Complaints procedures and policy
- Discipline and sanctions policy
- Our policy on mobile phones in school
- Procurement policy
- Sixth Form admissions
- Memorandum of Association
- Deed of Variation
- Funding Agreement
- Charging and Remission Policy for School Activities
- Register of Business Interests
- Attendance Record 2016 - 2017
- Committee Membership 2016 - 2017